Thursday, February 21, 2019

Peace from God

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33


Peace is the only way I (Stefanie) can describe these last few months. I have never felt so much peace in comfort in my life. Sorry for the lack of updates but since October life has been chaotic to say the least. In October dad was diagnosed with stage 4 liver and pancreatic cancer. I prayed about what to do and I decided to come home for a couple of months to be with my parents. Arian was having problems renewing his visa and we thought he wouldn't be able to come for Christmas but God provided and he was able to come for a month. Dad was doing ok and then on Christmas day stopped eating and passed away on Decemeber 28th. I was so grateful that we were all together as a family during this. I feel like God's hand was with me the whole time. I was able to speak at dad's funeral as a witness to the Godly life that dad led.  Two weeks after dad's death mom had to have a pacemaker put in. Life never stops! All is getting back to normal now and I have just returned to Albania. Without God I know that I wouldn't have had this peace. God is with us and never leaves us especially in the tough times. 


Ministry during Christmas: Christmas is a very busy time for the ministry. Arian was able to give 40 pairs of socks to the nursing home residents, 50 food bags to the poor community we work with in Kavaje, and 50 Christmas boxes to the children of Kavaje. We also combined Christmas service with the church in Durres, Kavaje, and Elbasan. They had a great time together and enjoyed a meal of bbq'd goat. 

 

Kids club and Youth group: Things have been going very well with the kids club and youth group. Many are coming and learning.  


Denisi joined us in the ministry in September. He has been a huge blessing in the ministry and a great help in Kavaje. He has started beginning German classes with some youth as well. 


Dr. Nikolla also came to Kavaje to do a medical clinic and saw 15 people who were needing a Doctor. We are glad that we could also use him in Kavaje! 


Arian and Denisi have also been going once a month to visit two families that live in another town called Luz. They live too far to come to church in Kavaje. Pray for these families that are hungry to learn more! 

 

Prayer needs:
* Pray for Stefanie's family as they continue to adjust.
* Pray that we will be able to start a MOPS (Moms of preschooler's) group in Durres.
* Praise that Denisi joined us on Staff!!!
 
* Pray for growth of the church in Durres.
 





Thank you for all your prayers and support! We appreciate you and thank God for you all!


Serving in His name,
Arian & Stefanie Kosta


Stateside address: 148 Wolfe St.  Cohutta, Ga 30710
Albanian Address: L3 Rr Egnatia AP:1043 Durres, Albania
email:kkdurres@gmail.com

 








No comments:

Post a Comment