Saturday, September 1, 2012

Mission work even during sabbatical

After our wedding on August 19th, Arian and I went on a sabbatical or second honeymoon. We went for 7 days to Pogradec, Albania. It is a beautiful city with lots of parks, trees, and right on lake Ohrid. Then we went three days to Struge, Macedonia. We had a great time of relaxing and spending time with the Lord. While we were there having darke (lunch) one day, a man came into the restaurant and only had money for something to drink. He looked very tired and poor. Arian spoke with the waiter and he said that the man was a hard worker and that he came in often and didn't have money for food. Arian and I decided then that we would buy the man something to eat. Ministry never stops it is a life long calling no matter where you go.

Another day we were walking down the street and a girl came asking us for money. Arian started to ask her questions about her family and did she know Jesus. We told the girl that we would give her some food but no money. We also told her about the church in town. We pray that every life we touch leads people closer to Jesus! Let your light shine!!!



I was inspired by God and I will share a story with you. When I was sitting in Struge, Macedonia eating dinner I looked into the canal and I saw these little fish. They were swimming against the current as fast as the could. The fish that would stop swimming would get pushed down the canal with the current. As I continued to watch the fish they didn't move. They were swimming but for many minutes they were in the same spot the whole time. The current was so strong that it seemed as if they were stuck in the same place. Many times in my life I have been stuck like these fish. I have been trying my hardest to get ahead in life but no matter how hard I try I am still in the same place I started. I am positive that God doesn't want us to give up! He wants us to continue to swim against the flow of this world, temptation, and sin. Maybe we will never see the immediate affects of our ministry but we believe that God waters the seeds that we plant. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up! Galatians 6:9

In God's amazing Love!
Arian & Stefanie Kosta

No comments:

Post a Comment