Saturday, January 25, 2014

Be Still

Be Still....


He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

I constantly need this verse. Be still..... sometimes it just doesn't exist.  With the pulls and tugs of every day life it is hard to keep up with what I have to do much less take time to be still. I thought in my singleness that I was so busy. Having a job and being active in church took up a lot of my time. Now with a husband, an 8 month old and full time ministry I scoff at the thought that I was busy then. Life at times pulls me in a million directions and it takes forever to get anything accomplished. Amazingly with the help of God things come together. I would love to have the time to be still but in actuality I would probably fall asleep if I had the chance. When I don't have the time to be still I want to try to mentally be still by having a calm mind by not worrying and thing of all the things I have to do. I want to find the time to take advantage of every moment, such as singing to my son while I am cooking, praying in the shower, and encouraging my husband while we walk from place to place. If you are like me I pray that you too make the time to mentally be still! 

We are very delighted that the church in Kavaje is growing. We had two new young men come to the church this week. We are also seeing spiritual growth. One family that was facing divorce has been reunited.  Drita, a faithful member of the church has been praying for her son Ervini and now he is coming to church. We love to see the Lord changing lives. We love this growing of the Lord in Kavaje especially when Kavaje is 99% muslim. What a Light to a Dark world! Please continue to pray for the Kavaje church.

We would like to share with your our Goals for 2014. Please pray for us to accomplish these goals this year.  
*Growth spiritually in the church in Durres and Kavaje. 
*People to confess Jesus as their savior and be baptized. 
*Elect a Deacon in the church in Durres and Kavaje. 
*Start English classes in Durres.
*Start a Kids club in Durres. 
*Start a men's Bible study in Kavaje.
*Purchase a building for the church in Durres. 

We have amazing news to share with you. Shpresa who is on our staff is engaged! We have been praying for a while for God to bring Shpresa a husband. Now prayers have been answered! Romi is a member of the church in Durres and has been helping us since April in Kavaje. Their plans are to get married in March. Since Shpresa's parents are diseased she has asked Arian and I to be her surrogate parents. She wants a simple church wedding and for Arian to marry them. We are very excited to have a new married couple at the church. 

Member Spotlight:
The member I want to share with you this week is Lume. She is a sweet spirit in the church of Kavaje. She always brings a smile to our face. Even though she is blind, she sees the world in perfect light, the light of God. She is always trying to make us laugh. Lume takes care of her ailing father who is now bed-ridden. She has a hard time affording the diapers that she needs to buy for him. Please pray for Lume and her dad. 

Praises/ Prayers: 
*Please pray for our Goals of 2014
*Pray for Lume and her dad
*Praise David is doing well. He will be 8 months on Monday!






We would love to hear from you! God bless!
Serving in His name,
Arian & Stefanie Kosta
kkdurres@gmail.com
Address: L3 Rr Egnatia AP:1043 Durres, Albania

If you would like be added to our email list please email us!
   
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing on being still before the Lord. One of the great things that God told us was to be completely committed to Him when we are single, because when we get married things change. It is something that God have to remind me about, not to worry that I do not have the time that I did when I was single. I will keep you all in prayers, be blessed.

    ReplyDelete